Raleigh N.C. Best Fiberglass inground pools at the best Prices
Sun Fiberglass Pools is your backyard recreation provider of the Best Pool Value Under the Sun for swimming pools, spas, leisure, low cost, inground pools!
“With a wide variety of different models ranging from spa’s to family-sized pools, Sun Fiberglass has something for every application and budget.”
• All Of Our Fiberglass Products Are Made in the USA.
• Guaranteed craftsmanship in every pool we build.
• Our lifetime Warranty is your assurance.
Why get a Fiberglass pool in Raleigh and The Triangle from BuyBest Fiberglass Pools?
We only Sell Sun Fiberglass and Here’s why
- Fast Installation. The largest part of any inground swimming pool project is actually building the swimming pool shell. The Sun Fiberglass Pools are built in the factory and arrive on site with a finished shell ready to be installed saving weeks of construction time.
- Easy Operation. The Sun Fiberglass Pools feature a smooth comfortable interior surface that won’t snag your swimsuit or skin and require minimum chemical treatment. The pools surface won’t need to be replaced like a vinyl liner pool or acid washed or re-coated like a concrete pool. Lowest operating costs of any inground pool !!!
- Unique Features. The Sun Fiberglass Pools have built in shallow end entry steps, underwater swim-out seating areas. The floor and steps of the pool feature a non-skid textured bottom. The pools have optional inlayed mosaic tile designs, waterline tile trim , built in waterfalls and color underwater lighting.
- No Clear Coat. The Sun Fiberglass Pools have 3 solid color choices available, these solid colors are high grade marine finishes with a proven track record. Some fiberglass companies offer various color designs that all start with a clear coat base, the clear base will breakdown over time and cause the exposed surface to yellow or fog. The marine industry experimented with the clear coat for the bass boats in the late 80’s and found the clear top coat to be problematic for minor repairs and durability. The companies that offer these clear coat surfaces require the top rim of the pool to be poured over with concrete or what’s called cantilevering the concrete over the top rim of the pool adding thousands of dollars in installation costs.
- No Resin Fillers. The Sun Fiberglass Pools are built using high grade marine FRP resin products. These products make the Sun Fiberglass Pool the most consistent product available today the exterior shell colors are uniform and not dyed, tinted or vary from pool to pool.
- Hand Cut and Laid Materials. The Sun Fiberglass Products feature a critical point lamination process that utilizes hand cut sheet fabric for each swimming pool model. The industry has no real standard for the way a fiberglass pool is physically fabricated. We at Sun Fiberglass use a similar process to that of a high end yacht placing the structural material on across the pool shell from side to side instead of from one end to other, most companies lay the bulk glass on the pool from end to end using longer runs of material, or just use what’s called gun roving or chop glass that’s sprayed on the mold and controlled by the operator of the spray equipment. The Sun Fiberglass pool has craftsmanship you can visualize compared to the other brands that may be available the outside lamination is smooth and clean and not full of splinters the best in the business.
- No Spreader Beams on shell. Most fiberglass pools are shipped with a belly band or spreader bar across the pool to hold it’s shape during the handling and installation. The critical point lamination process on the Sun Fiberglass Pools enables the pool to support itself and a spreader bar or belly band is not required to handle and place a Sun Pool.
- Warranty. The Sun Fiberglass Pool features a: Lifetime Structural Pool Shell Warranty for each hand crafted pool shell. The interior surface has a 3 year warranty and the warranty is transferable within the first 36 months. The warranty is limited to the terms and conditions outlined in the Sun Fiberglass Products Shell Warranty Certificate delivered with each pool; this warranty does require registration with the corporate office.
posted by Sun Fiberglass Pools @ 10:38am, Tuesday 22 February 2011.
The Science of the Surface
By; Curt Prystupa
Founder: Sun Fiberglass Pools
The fiberglass swimming pool industry started with a simple lamination schedule the use of marine grade raw materials for the gel-coat and lamination fabric. The first pools were very limited in design and shape and very basic they had some of the inground pool features like built in steps and then the advancement of swim-outs, safety ledges to the multiple design choices available today. The pools were put together without the use of science and testing to determine what was the best materials and methods to create a fiberglass pool shell. How these methods would stand the tests of time, for durability of the laminate, pool interior surfaces , hand laid multiple layers verses spayed on gun roving or what’s called chop fiberglass, the patterns in which the materials are applied to create the pool structure. The industry in the early days guessed as to what would or would not last in the swimming pool environment. One of the issues that was unique to a swimming pool compared to a boat hull was the fact that swimming pool water chemistry can change quickly and that most boats were rarely ever exposed to extreme levels of chlorine . This would be magnified considering the smaller volumes of water capacity in the smaller fiberglass pools, the water chemistry will effect the long term durability of the pool surface. The swimming pool industry does not offer any warranty coverage for water chemistry related damage or failures.
Our company back in the middle 90’s worked with our main resin supplier Interplastic Corporation we did a case history study for 15 years on the lamination techniques of a typical Sun Fiberglas Pool and found the formulation of the Pool Grade ISO/NPG surface gel-coat, the Vinyl Ester Co-Resin Products, and the hand laid sheet fabric with a main Line DCPD production resin for the bulk of the laminate, to be the best method for the fabrication and durability an inground fiberglass pool. The case study can be downloaded atwww.interplastic.com/UserFiles/File/T_15%20year%20study%2http0low%20res.pdf
The Swimming pool gel-coat is a very important part of a swimming pool shell, the ISO/NPG gel-coat is sprayed in a single uniform coat allow the best surface for the fiberglass pool. The multi-color pool shells that feature the counter top looking chips is a three part finish system these surfaces are applied to the molds in several different passes and the operator of the spray equipment will determine how the pool will look once completed. The multiple layer finishes are difficult to repair and the clear coat will breakdown over time. The warranty fine print for the companies offering these multi-coat finishes all disclaim surface roughness or dulling or blushing of the surface. These companies will also exclude warranty coverage for the part of the pool shell not under water.
The colors of the fiberglass swimming pools has been one of the latest fads in the industry some of the start-up companies have tried to push color as the main claim to fame so to speak. These colored surfaces have only been on the market for a few years , today’s customer might want something other than the plain white or light blue shell color. The concrete pools were a few years ahead of the fiberglass pool market on the experimentation of colored pool interiors black and dark pools were the rage for many years in the concrete pools but the manufacturers, builders and customers grew tried of the costs and the additional maintenance these finishes caused. Some places in the country the local codes banned dark pools from the issue of being able to see the bottom of the pool for safety concerns . The concrete pool industries most popular pool surface is called exposed aggregate plaster one of the brand names for this is known as Diamond Brite, this surface is widely used from water parks, resorts, hotels , and the residential market the most common color is called cool blue which has a white background and a blue aggregate flake in the plaster. This color gave the concrete pools a nice sparkle and the surface has been the mainstream in the industry the last 10-15 years.
Sun Fiberglass Pools has been working with Interplastic for a new proprietary gel-coat to achieve this Diamond Brite color effect using a single spray ISO/NPG gel-coat. This new product will bring the most popular concrete pool surface look to the one piece Sun Fiberglass Pool , these are available in Diamond White and Diamond Blue. They feature a white or light blue background with a blue composite particle sprayed onto the mold in one single uniform coat. This new product took several years to develop to find the right particle and to develop special proprietary spray equipment along with techniques to achieve the desired effect. This product is simple to repair and has the same basic formulations of the materials we used in the 15 year case study. This has been tested for UV stability, boiled in the lab for 100 hours and each sample exceeded the expected results. We are confident this new Diamond Series surface will become the mainstream fiberglass pool surface as the fiberglass pool industry and Sun Fiberglass continue to grow.